Clear the Confusion With a Gender Therapist at Miami Hypnosis and Therapy
Gender refers to the cultural meaning, which is labeling a person as masculine or feminine. Gender identity is a product of four related factors:
- Their biological sex
- Their sexual orientation
- The gender they identify with (gender identity)
- The gender that dominates the way they behave
Without understanding how these all play into each other can create confusion and even pain. Being confused about your gender identity can ignite many emotional issues, especially when adding in outside influences such as societal stereotypes. The result can be even more self-doubt.
Benefits of a Gender Identity Therapist
A few benefits of having a gender identity therapist include:
- Giving you the ability to accept who you are and embrace that person with a new sense of self-confidence
- Finding a sense of peace
- Having a safe and non-judgmental place to share your thoughts with a trained professional
- Providing the solid sounding board needed to better understand the many complex and conflicting emotions that come with gender identity issues
The goal of therapy is to help find an expression of gender that feels the most genuine for that person, which will help bring about self-knowledge and self-acceptance. During this process, the gender therapist may also assist in helping to develop other social connections.
At Miami Hypnosis and Therapy, we offer a wide range of therapies, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
Our principal therapist, Anna Marchenko (LMHC, Ed.M) creates unique, tailored treatment plans to fit the individual needs of every patient. There is no time like the present to take that first step on embracing who you are, so book your appointment today.